Sunday, November 23, 2014

Jags Game (at the Colts)

Since giving up our season tickets a few years ago, Eric and I typically go to one Colts game a year. it was easy, at first... always the Jaguars game. but then they flipped the home/away schedule, and the Jags were always in Indy when we were down in Jacksonville. That sucked. So while we still went to a game, it gave little excitement to either of us.

But then this year, the schedule was adjusted so the Jags were up in Indy earlier than in recent years (but not flipped), and I literally just realized this a couple of weeks ago. So of course, this quickly became our game for the season. Even if my Jags are doing poorly (they are the poster child this year), I still like to see them play. Besides, I wanted to check out the new quarterback in person - he was seemingly pretty good, from things that float around the media.

So the game was this afternoon. Eric was a good sport about humoring me with the 'one game' of the season... he's really just not a big fan of the NFL in general, anymore. And I went to the game with absolutely no expectations, other than just seeing my Jags in person. We managed to snag some great seats... NOT through a broker or reseller, but actually directly from the ticket source (go figure - not a sell out). They were even better than what we used to have for season tickets, so score!

The first half actually gave me some hope. The Jags held the Colts to 6 and they scored a field goal, themselves. Not great, by any means, but defense was earning their pay, at least!

But then came the second half. Despite the defense forcing 6 fumbles throughout the game, the offense could do nothing with it. I'm not sure if it was the Colts defense (I doubt it) or the horrible offense of the Jags, but it was sad to watch. There was a reason I only saw a handful of Jags jerseys in the stadium, when in years past I'd see sections of them. Colts won, 23-3.

Alas, I got to at least see my Jags this year. It's been a couple of years, I think. Here's hoping to better luck next year.

No comments: