Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Too. Cold. Can't. Handle. Any. More!

I've been in Indiana since 2001. Summer of 2001. I was lucky enough to have a mild winter that year, so I stayed. But this winter... this winter is seriously having me think about up and moving back to FL!

Normally, when we get snow, even if it's a few inches, it's gone within a week. This year, we've had snow on the ground since December. I've forgotten what grass looks like. Some of the piles in parking lots will last well into the spring they're so big! The roads are finally clear, after we had bout after bout of snow... and the sun's even been out for a few days now. But the temperatures...

We've had twelve days, so far, that took our lows to the sub-zero mark. And a couple of those days didn't even have highs above that point! And just from my recollection, I think we've only had two or three days where we even broke the freezing mark! Hence, the snowpack on the ground, covering everything that hasn't been shoveled or plowed since Christmas.

But I *think* we're about to see the light at the end of the tunnel. They are showing 40's in the forecast for early next week. Of course, that's nearly a week out... but that could mean I get to see my grass again soon, even if it is dormant! Or maybe dead?

But the bad news is, with this ultimate thaw comes some ultimate potholes. They've already starting popping up on the roads, and some of the ones I've already seen are craters! It's going to be a rough spring on the roads... and public works has already spent part of the pothole budget on additional salt, so that'll get interesting, real quick!

Need to plan a vacation... SOON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WIMP!!!