Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wavy Hair

Growing up, I had baby fine, straight hair that wouldn't hold a curl worth a damn for longer than 5 minutes. It drove me nuts through high school, when I actually want to do things to my hair. Even all the hairspray that was used through the 80's and 90's didn't do much for me - I never could get 'the big hair' that was so in style. So I finally gave up, let me hair all grow out long, including my bangs, and just went with it... simple and straight.

Still drove me nuts, though.

Fast forward to now... my hair has decided it wants to be wavy, now. WTH? And not a good kind of wavy that you can work with... oh, no! It's the kind that if you don't touch your hair with product or a flat iron, it looks like you've been sleeping on it! Or it flips out in a weird way. I seriously cannot leave the house now without using a flat iron now! Now that I want my hair straight, it won't stay straight!

Initially, I chalked it up as 'fro-out' due to humidity. But I've since learned that it doesn't matter what the weather is doing... my hair has just decided to be wavy! I have this one weird, loose wave across the back, and then the hair that frames my face it practically a ringlet if I don't touch it! But again, not a good kind... it ends up sticking out!

*sigh*

I just have hair woes. I've tried different shampoos, different products, washing my hair at night, washing it in the morning... it has just changed characteristics. And now I have to learn how to work with my hair all over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got my hair...almost!