Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Riley Area Annual Meeting

So with Eric's new job, comes new responsibilities. Like running an annual meeting. Normally, this is not something I would blog about. But it was his first one, so I feel it's blog worthy.

So as the Executive Director, Eric has become quite the popular guy. Since he came in with the background he did, it has intrigued people and re-energized partnerships. So for the annual meeting, he was very in demand and made the rounds to all the tables. I got to witness it all from behind the camera... he recruited me to take pictures. He had to give his Executive Director's report, which was interesting, since he really wasn't the director for most of the report's time frame. But he had everything pulled together to report and, for lack of knowledge and experience, gave the report well.

As this organization becomes 'his' and he's the leader and initiator of lots of these projects, I have no doubt his reports will come across that way. And he'll look up more. But I have to say, I was quite proud of him. I'm so happy this is all coming together for him. It really nice to have him around more and in a better mood (less stressed). Let's just hope it keeps going in this direction.

No comments: