Saturday, April 21, 2012

Race for the Cure 2012

Another sign the year is flying by - Race for the Cure has now come and gone! I know I keep commenting on how fast the year is going by, but it really seems to be going fast this year! Anyway...

This morning was the Race for the Cure. Thanks to everyone who supported me this year, despite the silly controversy that happened earlier this year. It was just that - silly. And no reason to stop supporting this great organization. So again, thank you. If you didn't donate, you still can for the another month, just go to my donation page and click though. They fell about $600k short of their goal this year because so many people backed off because of the controversy. Not cool.

So the Race itself. It was COLD! The temp was in the low 40's, feeling like the 30's! There's been races like this before, though - you just layer up! Which I did. The changed a lot of stuff us this year due to construction in the area. To start, they normally have two staging areas - one on the IUPUI campus and the other at Military Park... this year, it was all in Military Park. But I kind of likes it better that way. Then the race course itself was changed, actually impacting downtown traffic a little more. Not sure why the changed the route up, actually - might have been bridge work. Not really sure though. I actually like this route better - it takes you by Victory Field and the capital building, which is nicer scenery than the old GM plant.

So despite it all, most of us kept on through the controversy and, overall, the day went without a hitch. I always love seeing all the get-ups people wear as part of a team... or individuals. I hope things get back to normal next year, though. This used to be one of the largest RftC events in the nation... there were about 10,000 less people this year, though. Again, not cool. But they still have my support.

No comments: