Friday, April 13, 2012

Just Us Girls

So in my meanderings throughout the web, I've found various survey panels and test market panels to partake in. Some are more active than others, some are more involved, and some give you a bit of everything. CrowdTap is one of those such panels. They ask basic questions, get you involved with questions about certain brands, and even throw out a fun little way to test a product.

Recently, I got to enjoy one such 'testing', and it involved shopping, so that made it fun!! PLUS, I got to invite friends to go with me! Doubly fun! One of the brand panels I joined was the Old Navy Style Council. This particular review was called "Give Some Love to Your Bottom Half" and my friends and I all got to have a little shopping spree, try on some new styles, and walk out with a FREE pair of shoes and a FREE pair of pants/shorts/skirt/etc! How cool is that??

We got there right after work Thursday and while we were waiting for everyone to get there, the rest of us started filling up our carts. It's amazing how much the 80's really are back, mainly with he colors. There's all sorts of neon and the coral. Coral is HUGE again! Then there's the knits. knitted tanks, knitted tops... not quite sweater-like, but very reminiscent of the 80's! The fact that they were playing 80's music on the Muzak probably helped that feeling.

After we loaded up our carts, we headed to the dressing rooms for our own little montage. The linen and gauze stuff they have made us feel very beach worthy. The shoes were the big winners that night, though... so many cute styles and colors! It was nice to see such a selection over the typical flip-flop wall! I will likely get myself another pair, even!

After our little shopping spree, we went next door to this trendy restaurant called Late Harvest Kitchen that I've heard so much about. It has a daily changing menu based on the local fresh food available. Wow! That's all I can say! Excellent food and a great atmosphere! And an even better way to end a great night with my girls!

No comments: