Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas in Indy

Wow... Christmas already! Not that I didn't see it coming, but where did the year go??

We celebrated the Strickland family Christmas today, complete with a yummy ham dinner. As Eric put it, "We're getting good at these", meaning, the more we host, the easier it gets. And I always have fun with the desserts. I tried not to go overboard (I did have the stuff from last night, which I made with the intention of using for both evenings), but there are just some things I can skip out on! (i.e. My $250 Nieman Marcus cookies)

After dinner, we opened gifts. Santa even came to our house this year for the boys. Unfortunately, AJ was trying to get over a sinus infection, so he spent most of the evening on the couch with little energy to spare - he even struggled getting some of the gifts open. Regardless of being off pace, though, he got it done and I think the presents sparked a little energy. Not much though. In the meantime, Nolan go enough construction trucks to start is own construction company - the boy loves his 'diggers'!

After the family left, Eric and I opened out gifts for each other. I always have fun figuring things out for him, even if it is so hard! He got me one of the RCA Dome messenger bags, which I really wanted... okay, so I knew I was getting it. But it doesn't change my appreciation factor.

Tomorrow morning we're off to FL to celebrate Christmas with my family. Yay! I'm anxious for a break from the snow, personally... and a little sunshine, to boot!

No comments: