Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dear Old Man Winter...

When you first came around last December, I was excited! Everything was so bright and cheerful... and why wouldn't it be with Christmas so near? You surprised me multiple times with your blanket of white before the new year came around, but with my trip to FL, I still appreciated you for what you had to offer when I came back in the new year.

In January, you kept me covered in your blanket of white. It was kind of nice until you also cranked down the temperatures for the month, keeping the average temperature WAY below normal at 33°F! Why would you be so cold towards me?? You know I don't do well in the cold! Did I do something to upset you? Why have you continuously dumped on me? This is way more snow than I can handle!

Finally, you started February with quite the ruckus... 2" of ice, really?? Followed by 4" of snow on top of the ice, never giving it a chance to melt. But you weren't done... you had to follow that up with another week of frigid temperatures, just to make sure I was frozen to the core, unable to dig out!

Well, I can deal with your cold shoulder no more! We're through! You can leave now... just go back north where you came from. I talked to my friend Phil, and he completely agrees that it's time for you to be gone. Take your dreariness and stark grayness with you. I'm moving on to to better and brighter times and I don't need you trying to blow snow in my face!

No Longer Yours,
Kara

No comments: